Mashable is looking for a talented Creative Strategist to join our Mashable Studios team, focused on Branded Content. Mashable Studios creates branded content as well as original video programming. The branded content team focuses on branded content creation, multimedia production and storytelling that helps our clients engage with Mashable readers onsite and multi-platform. Mashable works with some of the top brands in the world to develop creative custom content campaigns, including Hilton Doubletree, Capital One, Wheat Thins, Pepsi, Ford, Samsung, and Kia.
The Creative Strategist will be responsible for helping the sales team sell branded content ideas to key clients. He or she will be in a client-facing role, including both pitching branded content campaigns and executing sold content programs. They will be involved in branded campaigns from the pre-sales ideation process including brainstorms and developing concepts, all the way through post-sale executions and measuring performance.
The Day to Day
- Brainstorm creative and compelling content solutions for advertisers interested in branded content programs with Mashable
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing team in developing pitch decks for partnerships
- Write detailed pitches illustrating brainstormed concepts to be included in pitch decks
- Work with producers to execute content programs on deadline
- Manage content campaigns, including assigning articles to copywriters and managing timelines
- Grow Mashable’s reputation as a creative, innovative and effective partner for branded content
- Collaborate with community team to optimize performance and drive distribution and content consumption across channels
- 2-3 years editorial, creative and/or agency experience
- Experience working with brands and creating branded programs, especially multimedia and creative technology initiatives
- Experience in a client-facing role
- A creative approach to all work
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines
- Hard worker with the commitment to perform tasks on deadline
- Attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML) and social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, etc.
- Vast knowledge of tech, business and social media trends and ability to write across them
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.