Mashable is seeking a detail-oriented Copywriter to join our Mashable Studios team, focused on branded content. Mashable Studios creates multimedia and cross-platform content (videos, articles, infographics, etc.) for brands to help our clients engage with Mashable readers onsite and across the social web. This position will work closely with the Sales, Sales Development and Ad Operations teams to ideate and execute branded content for advertisers and assist with the management of current campaigns. Daily tasks include brainstorming content ideas, fact-checking, writing and editing stories (tips, trends and other utility-driven pieces), bylined by brands. Time management skills, strong writing and reporting skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks with short-term and long-term deadlines are essential of this position. Mashable works with some of the top brands in the world to develop creative custom content campaigns, including Hilton Doubletree, Capital One, Wheat Thins, Pepsi, Ford, Samsung, and Kia.
The Day to Day
- Write Branded Content articles
- Participate in brainstorms to ideate creative content programs and craft in-depth idea pitch write-ups
- Work with brands and agencies to develop creative and compelling custom content programs
- Format and edit content in Mashable CMS
- Utilize Velocity -- Mashable’s proprietary data information tool -- to inform and support creative pitches
- Based in NYC
- 1-2 years experience writing on behalf of brands and in a variety of brand voices
- Experience writing and editing news and/or feature articles for a publication
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style, experience in copy editing
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Outside-the-box thinker - constantly seeking the next “Big Idea”
- Ability to write across several verticals
- Hyper-aware of current business, culture and tech trends
- Highly organized with an ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- An optimistic attitude and a positive approach to assignments big and small
- Hard worker with the commitment to perform tasks on deadline
- Ability to work effectively and with success both independently and with the team
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML) or other blogging software and social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, etc.
- A healthy amount of disdain for the Oxford comma
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.